Covid 19 Safety Plan
- WorksafeBC recommends that counselors should conduct appointments virtually wherever possible.
- If meeting in person, both the client and the counselor shall wear their masks for the duration of the appointment. This information is communicated to the client verbally when the appointment is booked and also via email when the admin sends out the information regarding the client portal.
- Counselor and client must be positioned at least 2 metres apart.
- Rooms will be scheduled wherever possible to reduce in person interaction.
- All staff are required to be fully vaccinated for in person appointments and proof of vaccination will be submitted to the admin.
- The manager will determine how many clients can be within the clinic at a given time while maintaining at least two metres of physical distance.
- In order to accommodate physical distancing, appointment times may need to be staggered.
- When speaking with clients during scheduling and sending out appointment reminders, clients will be asked to:
- Reschedule if they become sick, are placed on self-isolation, or have traveled out of the country within the last 14 days.
- Attending appointments alone, and not bring friends or children.
- Client forms are sent digitally to minimize touching of paperwork. Counsellors should also request clients fill any forms online and return them online.
- Signage has been posted at the entrance to the clinic communicating the need for clients and counselors to wear masks. Hand sanitizer is provided, as are disposable masks.
- WorksafeBC recommends that for all client interactions, a point of care assessment for risk of Covid 19 be conducted, including asking if they have symptoms associated with Covid 19, have been advised to self-isolate, or have traveled outside of Canada within the last 14 days. Clients that respond yes to any of these should be asked to leave and reschedule the appointment virtually or after 14 days. Services should not be performed with ill or symptomatic clients.
- Any shared equipment is cleaned and disinfected between uses.
- Management of HML Wellness Solutions will be responsible for providing up-to-date information on public health officer orders and guidance.
- If a client or counselor develops symptoms of Covid, this must be reported to the manager or administrative assistant at the earliest opportunity.
If You Are Experiencing An Emergency, And Are In Need Of Urgent Assistance,
Please Contact 911.
If You Feel That You Are Experiencing A Matter That Is High Risk,
But Not An Immediate Emergency, Please Contact Your Local Crisis Line.
Contact Us Today
*Note: Due to COVID 19, we are currently offering virtual sessions only.